Mitsubishi Q00 & Ethernet

DairyBoy

This evening’s query is all about Q00J processors and ethernet.

In order to try to modify a current plc/hmi configuration, I’m looking back over a previous project (that had no HMI), that communicated with two other PLCs via an ethernet card/hub.

The current application has an HMI which is working ok with the plc via a hub, but will soon have to communicate with another Mitsubishi plc.

In the current application, I have set up the comms to the HMI in “open settings”, but in the previous project I’d used “Table exchange system” for the remote plcs.

Can I scrap the entries in “open settings” in the current plc/hmi application and move it all (hmi included) to the “Table exchange system” to include the extra plc?

Or do I leave the hmi comms as they are in “open settings” and enter just the other plc address in the “Table exchange system”?

Or are these methods mutually exclusive?

I don't have a bench setup to experiment with, so any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks.