Drawings in WinCC flexible 2008

thorgalrose

Dear all,

I'm having trouble with drawing my images in WinCC flexible 2008.

can somebody explain how i make the best drawings for visualisation of my project.

For instance, I'm trying to draw a bend line (not a straight line, but a bend line) and I can't figure this out how I may do this.

Best regards

Thorgal

Arcs can't be done with WinCCFlex.
What you can do it make the image in MSPaint and import it.

Depending on what exactly you want to do, there are quite a few solutions.

Also, took me 15 mins to figure out the way to create the end point of a polyline/gon. You'd think they'd mention it somewhere in the manual that the only way to do that is a double click on the last point.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply's,

I know that I can get an ms-paint image into WinCC flexible, but there is always something wrong with it.
Background color problems, not been able to adjust it perfectly to the image, size issues,no possibility to blink the image, ...

For now i have worked with the polyglon methode, It doesn't look good but I think there is no other way and I'm not feeling like it to work with Illustrator or something.

As you can see in inclosed file
(notice this is only a rough patch)

PS: If you find something beter, you can always contact me

Best regards

Thorgal

testimage_1.jpg

Why not use circles or ellipses to make the curves? And cover the part(s) you don't want to be visible by a rectangle (or any other object) in the background color?

It might take some extra time to build but it sure looks a lot better than a polyline...

Sparkz, that is far far more unmanagable than just adding enough points in the plyline until it looks smooth.
Also, it is near impossible to get circles and lines to align perfectly. What you see on your Windows XP PC will look slightly different on the Windows CE panel.

Thorgalroze, just work on it a bit more, like doubling the number of points in the parts that shall curve smoothly. Zoom in to 400 % to adjust the points accurately. You are almost finished already.

Another tip that might be useful is to make a really small shape using the maximum zoom and the expand it holding the shift key pressed. Holding the shift key pressed while making size changes will make the polyline and other shapes keep its proportions.

You can also makes changes to the grid to better suit your needs under the menu Options --> Settings --> Screen editor --> Screen options --> Grid size