Micrologix 1100 HSC external reset

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm using a quadrature encoder (A,B,Z) with a Micrologix 1100. The counting is working fine, but is there anything I need to do to enable the external Z reset? I have the HSC configured for mode 7, "Quadrature counter (phased inputs A and B) with external reset and hold" but it doesn't reset. The Z signal is wired into I:0/2 as required and I verified that it pulses once per revolution.

OK I solved this problem by using an Event Interrupt (EII) to reset the HSC accumulator whenever the Z signal goes high. Not sure if that's the best way to implement the external reset, but it seems to work fine.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Just wondering if someone could confirm/clarify something for me regarding the high speed counter on the Micrologix 1100. As I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I cannot find the DLCA1764.EXE utilty software for data retrieving. Can someone share the link to download this software. Thanks!
Replies
Views
I am currently backing a Micro Logix 1100 and no-one seems to have the file for me to upload from. Is there a way for me to upload the project off...
Replies
Views
I am trying to set up a read message in a MicroLogix1100 to read the value of a DINT in a ControlLogix5561. I have successfully set up a message...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have an existing application that has a Powerflex 700 with a 20-COMM-E adapter controlled by a Micrologix 1100 via Ethernet. The setup...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom