Replacement AB E-Stop Operator...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi guys!

I need find a replacement for a broken Allen Bradley 22mm Emergency Stop operator. Normally, this would be simple, but the customer would prefer that it was an identical replacement, so it matches the other 5 on the machine. As far as I can tell, AB doesn't make this version anymore, so I'm hoping someone familiar with AB pushbuttons could offer some help.

Attached is a picture of the actual pushbutton in question. AB's current version is Cat. #800FM-MT44 (Link to Picture). This looks quite a bit different than mine, and I doubt it will work with the existing base and contact blocks.

My question is if anyone has an old AB catalog that lists the part number for the older style switch shown in my pictures. With this information, I 'might' be able to find a vendor with one on the shelf... 🤞🏻

Thanks for any info... (y)

🍻

-Eric

ABPB1.jpg ABPB2.jpg

Eric,
That looks like an 800-E button. I haven't seen any of the 800E stuff in the print catalogs for quite a while. Online catalog here: http://www.ab.com/industrialcontrols/products/push_buttons/22mm/pdf/800e.pdf Look on page 10.155 - yours looks like the 800EM-MT4

If you can't find an 800E on the shelf and the customer is dead set on having them all look exactly the same, then maybe you can sell him 6 buttons instead of 1. 🍺

Last edited:
Wow, that was quick, Alaric!... :eek:

Looks like my operator is an 800EM-MT4, and whaddya know, Radwell (PLCCenter.com) has 8 new ones on the shelf for only $17 each... :cool:

Order placed... Now they only have 6... :ROFLMAO:

Many thanks, as always!... :site:

🍻

-Eric