Ethernet cables

tadams73

I’m need to know what cable I should use for our Ethernet network Cat5 Cat6 ect.Im in the process of ordering cables, ends and crimpers to start making our cables in house. Any tip or info is appreciated.Thanks

yes,by looking at mi crystal ball to see where and how and stuff you use it, I can see cat3 is sufficient...

Now for serious, go for cat6.

What's the environment??

If it's a "typical" type of environment, either will work. Given the choice, pick Cat 6

A Robotic Welding facility. All Ethernet cables are run overhead in separate cable ways away from any heat or sparks. Sorry about the incomplete question. Wasn’t thinking straight 12 hour day’s third shift is a killer.

Can you guarantee cables are away from any interference (VFDs, high power cables etc. welding is hell of a interference source) can you guarantee it stays like it for rest of plants life? If no, then go for shielded Cat6. In any case i would go for shielded Cat6 inside factory. In offices cat5e is sufficient.