Lost RSLogix 500 Program Password

gocanna

Hello Everyone,

There are two presses at the stamping plant I am located at that are in need of some minor program changes. (Both have AB SLC 5/03s) And I have copies of the programs that are currently on them. The problem is that they are password protected (program password not plc password) and I do not have the password. I had contacted the person who programmed them but he cannot remember what they are. It's been about four years since the programs were touched and unfortunately the passwords were never documented. I tried searching this topic before and the only things I found have said to contact AB Tech Support. I was wondering if anyone has actually contacted AB support about this. I would but I do not have a Tech Connect Contract. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I hate passwords, locks, and missing information.

I've never heard of a back door method to get around the controller password lock. Contacting AB would be my first guess, I'm sure they can get into it. However, since you don't have a tech support contract, do you have a good relationship with your AB dealer/rep in that area? The company I worked for previously renewed the support contract sometimes, and sometimes they didn't I used the a technical contact with the AB dealer to find out things and get a couple of critical updates. They might be able to help you get into it, and then give you the sales pitch why you should have tech support contract.