Allen Bradley Comms

rigicon

Hi everyone. I am normally a siemens person but now diversifying.Have used SLC500 and PLC-5 Allen bradley with RS232 DF1 comms.
I recently bought a Control logixL35E-logix 5335ECPU=1769-L35E which has a serial and ethernet port and a Panelview Plus 600 2711P-K6C20D ser C it has a USB, Serial & Ethernet port.
Software packages I have are Panelview32 and RSlogix 5000 + RSlinx.
I have managed to communicate with a serial cable to the PLC thats it. I cant talk to the panelview using ethernet or serial??? rslinks displays the panelview at unknown.
I have tried all sorts of drivers.
Going back to basics I want the control logix to communicate with the panelview. I was hoping plugging all devices into a router and easy comms but oh no.
Can someone please shed some light on how to set the comms up before I 🔨🔨:confused:

The PanelView Plus requires FactoryTalk View ME (formerly called RSView Studio ME...ME means machine edition as opposed to PC based HMI), not Panelbuilder 32. Panelbuilder 32 is for the older standard Panelviews.

Ah that explains why I can't talk to the panelview. Cheers mate simple eh. Oh well I'll see if I can get FactoryTalk View ME and then try again. My Rs linx is 2.41.00 so I suspect that is outdated?

RSLinx is currently at v2.54. Free download from Rockwell to update that.

The PV+ will need it's IP address configured through the Configuration Screen on the terminal. You won't be able to communicate to it through RS232 until a project loads that option to the terminal. You will not be able to communicate through USB. That is reserved for printers, mouse, keyboard or a flash drive.

OG

Thank you guys excellent forum. . I was tearing my hair out. I'll download the upgrade to rslinx and get factory view I do think I have rsview would this work instead of factory view.
I know how to configure an Ip address on the panelview so that should be ok. Anyway sleep time here in UK speak tomorrow. Chhers.

I downloaded rs linx lite v2.54 installed it and clicked on help it said it was version 2.43. Even when installing it said it was V2.43.
What is the proper link on the Allen Bradley website because I couldn't find anything else??? Please it would be much appreciated I am a registered membe of AB site.