Download Siemens Protool project with USB to RS232 adapter

I'm trying to download a Siemens Protool project into a OP17 with USB to RS232 adapter. The download is starting but it interrupts at approx. 80% of the download.
?????????????????????

Get a real com port i dont trust the usb to coms for one second.
Ive seen one of those work while another one didnt for the same PLC and it all has to do with the transfer rate.
Nothing can beat a real hardware port.

Edit:
Try changing the baudrate on the port.

I use a USB-Serial converter with very few problems.
I have occasionally the problem that download do not start at all, requiring one or two retries before it succeeds.
(actually I used to use USB-Serial. Now I almost always go via Ethernet, but that is another story)

Ditto the suggestion to reduce the baudrate.

I tried allready to set the baudrate to a lower rate.
The result was the same. I still have a connection that is lost at the end of the transfer.

But I see a difference when I use a lower baudrate. When the baudrate is lower it takes longer that the connection is failed.

I also tried with a USB hub with an external power supply. No good result.

Dear Fritz,

Good idea. I should ask my boss but he seams depressed to me because he is just out of his holiday. At this point it's a bad idea to ask....

By the way, is that picture been taken after you had a lot of the best beer of Limburg?

Schol! 🍻

I also use USB to serial coverter.

Iomega GUC232A. Never had a problem with it. I have used it with AB, Mitsubishi Alpha and Yaskawa VFD's. My current laptop actually does have a serial port on it but the buried it in hole in the case that makes it impossible to get some types of connector to plug in securely.

Toshiba Satellite Pro S300.