Feedback of PV+ Local Messages

Sinc_green

Is there a way for CLX to access a PV+ Local Message Object/File at runtime?

I have a scrolling alarm message display driven by a local message file, and I would like to feed the current Local Message string back to the CLX Processor via a Global connection. Reason being this customer's panelviews have a tendancy to not get updated and a lot of undefined alarms show up. The PLC handles scrolling through it's alarm messages and I'd like to be able to scroll past undefined local messages using the PLC.

Thanks,

Yep.

I still haven't found any way to accomplish the above, so I don't think it's possible. Just have to keep putting up with messy alarm banners.

No, the processor cannot access the local message files on a PV+, and yes, the alarms controls on the PV+ are somewhat crude.

For applications where I'll have alarms, or status messages, I generally just build them all into the PLC itself, including the alarm/message text and colors. An array of UDT's works nicely.

Then I have a global object, with colors and text plucked from the PLC, and an acknowledge button, all set to go visible when a "Messsage Exists" bit in the PLC is set. I just put that banner at the top of every screen.