Logic module?

I am far from a regular user of the AB Panelview Plus. I have been looking at a parts list with a 2711P-RP logic module. I've found lots of info on ports, memory, etc, but I can't tell what the thing actually DOES or is used for.

Can someone enlighten me??:sick:

Hi Stein,

Your basic PV+ is two components, a display, and a logic module. I've never ordered just the logic module itself (even if one decided to **** out on me I'd probably just request that the whole unit be replaced).

So if you say that the display module is your computer monitor, the logic module is your actual PC.

Other way around

Hi Stein,

Your basic PV+ is two components, a display, and a logic module. I've never ordered just the logic module itself (even if one decided to **** out on me I'd probably just request that the whole unit be replaced).

So if you say that the display module is your computer monitor, the logic module is your actual PC.

I think the intent of making them modular was so you could just replace the screen, not the logic module. The screen is the most likely component to be damaged. At any rate, I do agree, from a reliability standpoint, I have always just replaced both.

Greg