Need help on CRP-811

raul_vaze

I have various devices in field(around 150 ) that communicate on Profibus DP. We have a quantum hot standby system with RIO drops . For a hot standby system i have slot 6 slot rack with
1.CPU (53414)
2.NOE
3.CRP
4.P/S
5.CHS

Now i found out that CRP-811 is used to communicate with Profibus devices , but this CRP-811 doesnt work on RIO drop and it has to be installed in the CPU hot standby rack. I also found out that profibus can support 128 devices on single network.

Now whether i can install one or more CRP-811 in the rack in which CPU is installed , and will there be switchover in case my primary CPU fails.