OT: Damper Motor ID

Arent nameplates wonderful things? For lack of one my best guess it that may be something from Honeywell.

You may try Grainger
Johnstone may be a better option they are more HVAC oriented
or
local refrigeration and HVAC supply outfit. If anyone would be able to recognize it they would.

Dan Bentler

I think it's a Honeywell also, typically they have a split phase motor operating on 24 VAC. You should be able to get a replacement from a Heating & Ventilation company.
Roy

The square output shaft makes it a Honeywell, not a splined shaft Barber Colman.

Motor factors:

1) operating voltage: 24Vac or 115Vac (115Vac had a transformer built into the top of the housing

2) control action/signal:
- modulating with modulating control signal?
- on/off
- spring return?

3) shaft rotation speed from stop to stop (which also relates to torque). 10 seconds? 30 Sec? 1 minute?

The slower the rotation speed, the greater the internal gear reduction, the greater the torque.

4) auxillary switches ? retransmit slide wire?

Dan

that is honeywell modutrol motor type 61

PRODUCT DATA
® U.S. Registered Trademark
Copyright © 1999 Honeywell Inc. • All Rights Reserved 63-2188-3
Series 61 and Series 62
Modutrol IVª Motors
APPLICATION
The Series 61 and Series 62 Modutrol IVª Motors are threewire
spring return and non-spring return floating control
motors. Use these motors with controllers that provide a
switched spdt or floating output to operate dampers or valves.
The Series 62 motors also have an internal electrically
isolated feedback potentiometer that provides indication of
the motor shaft position and can be used for slaving Series
90 Motors or rebalancing an external control circuit.
FEATURES
¥ Directly replaces M644, M944B,E,G,H,J,K,R,S and
M945B,C,G,K,L,AD Motors.
¥ Oil-immersed motor and gear train for reliable
performance and long life.
¥ Junction box provides NEMA 3 weather protection.
¥ Motor and circuitry operate from 24 Vac. Models
available with factory-installed transformer, or a fieldadded
internal transformer.
¥ Quick-connect terminals standard; screw terminal
adapter available.
¥ Adapter bracket for matching shaft height of older
motors standard with replacement motors.
¥ Field-adjustable stroke (90° to 160°) models available.
¥ Nominal standard timing of 30 seconds for 90° stroke
and 60 seconds for 160° stroke. Other timings
available.
¥ Die-cast aluminum housing.
¥ Integral auxiliary switches available factory mounted,
or can be field added to TRADELINE¨ models.
¥ Integral spring returns motor shaft to normal position
(fully open or fully closed, depending on model) upon
power interruption.
¥ Series 62 models include electrically isolated
feedback potentiometer that provides shaft position
indication.
¥ Series 62 TRADELINE models have linear feedback,
configurable for slaving Series 90 Motors.
¥ Spring return motors can operate valve linkages from
power end or auxiliary end shafts for normally closed
or normally open valve applications.
Contents
Aapplication .......................................................................... 1
Features ................................................................................ 1
Specifications ........................................................................ 2
Ordering Information ............................................................. 2
Installation ............................................................................. 5
Settings and Adjustments ..................................................... 8
Operation ............................................................................. 11
Checkout ............................................................................. 12
Replacement ....................................................................... 12
SERIES 61 AND SERIES 62 MODUTROL IV ™ MOTORS
63-2188—3 2
ORDERING INFORMATION
When purchasing replacement and modernization products from your TRADELINE® wholesaler or distributor, refer to the
TRADELINE® Catalog or price sheets for complete ordering number.
If you have additional questions, need further information, or would like to comment on our products or services, please write or
phone:
1. Your local Home and Building Control Sales Office (check white pages of your phone directory).
2. Home and Building Control Customer Logistics
Honeywell Inc., 1885 Douglas Drive North
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422-4386 (612) 951-1000
In Canada—Honeywell Limited/Honeywell Limitée, 155 Gordon Baker Road, North York, Ontario M2H 3N7.
International Sales and Service Offices in all principal cities of the world. Manufacturing in Australia, Canada, Finland, France,
Germany, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, U.S.A.
SPECIFICATIONS
TRADELINE¨ Models:
TRADELINE models are selected and packaged to provide
ease of stocking, ease of handling and maximum
replacement value. Specifications are the same as those
of standard models unless specified.
TRADELINE models have auxiliary switch cams.
Modutrol IV Order Number Guide:
See Table 1.

that is honeywell modutrol motor type 61

Are you sure about this?
I thought that it may be a Honeywell motor, especially considering the square output shaft. However; the body of the motor looks different than any modutrol that I'm familiar with. The new ones all look like they're made up of 3 seperate cast pieces (one on top, two on the bottom). The frame of the motor in the pictures looks like one piece.
Is that just an older Honeywell design?

I remember one series, about mid-90's, called the Modutrol IV's - fourth generation.

Honeywell is probably 2 generations beyond that now.

Honeywell's been building actuators for 50 years and they last a long time, so yeah, there are lots of designs out there.