Annoying RSLinx. Am I doing something wrong?

Guys,

Something I've got used to over the years but said I'll finally try and do something about it.

Say I want to download/online to a CLX PLC. I click download point to my PLC and no problems. Now say i want to go online to a different PLC with different different IP RSLinx assumes i'm going to same PLC and bombs out because its no longer on this network.

Any way to solve this? Very annoying if you have a few simple mods to do to multiple controllers.

Communications -> Who Active -> [Browse to the PLC] -> Set Project Path -> Save.

This will save the path to the PLC as a part of the project file.

Next time you open it it will also select that path. If you do this to all of your projects then opening another project should change you to the new path.

Yeah just keep in mind that the newer RSlogix 5 will pop you to the browse window every time for the old 5/25 and other pre NP processors. As if thats not irritating. but its not a bug its a feature...