capacitor id

crankshanft

any capacitor experts here? I have one on a board, with a broken lead. the only marking is BC 848, can anyone id this?

thanks
Tom

A quick google search turned up a load of hits, some even in Canada. Type in "BC 848" with the quote marks to search. Sorry I can't be any more help than that.

I've googled for hours and many hits but none useful,mostly transistor hits,
I've been to vishay bc site before and search comes up empty.

thanks for your time

Hi Tom!
Let's forget about the numbers for a bit and think about the application. What kind of circuit are we looking at? Are there similar caps on the board? Is there enough lead left to measure the capacitance value? What voltage range is applied on the board? Is it a ceramic disc, electrolytic, axial, radial...? Is it part of a filter, coupler, RC network, isolator, tuner...? If it's still good, is there enough lead left to solder an extension to?
Here's a good one... does the circuit work without it? hahhahahaa... and, of course, one must wonder... how'd that lead break, anyway?

Another possibility is look for a board maunufacturer number often times there is a part number on the circuit board. Google that number see if it pulls up a manufacturer then goto their contact list and call them.