Analog Output

TOMC

Its a long weeked here in Canada and I have been working all of it.
Aside form lack of sleep my problem is this.
I have a Modicon DAU 204 analog output module that is set for 0-10vdc output. It is to be conected to an SMC ITV3000 proportional regulator. The SMC regulator is wired so that the 24vdc supply power and the 0-10vdc analog input share the same 0vdc common.Somthing about this just does't seem right or am I just to tired. :eek:

This is probably OK. Draw a loop diagram, showing the power and signal connections to the anaolg output card, the power connection to the regulator, and the signal connection to the regulator. Now follow the current path around all of these circuits. If you only have one common point for all connections your circuit is alright. If you are connected at more than one point you may need isolation.

After reviewing the Modicon DAU204 module wiring, I can not see any problem with combining the regulator and module 0V terminals.