Autopump control+ rotation

mordred

Just would like some opinions and help looking this over to see if there is anything I missed. The original problem is on another thread and I was helping Conorwa. Turned out it was such a challenge I couldn't stop He he. Anyways just looking for better ideas and opinions. More of a practice for myself. The problem was to control 5 pumps. One pump to maintain pressure if pressure is not reached in a given amount of time turn on another pump. If still not reached turn on the third pump. Then add pump rotation and error correction. Sounds simple right!!! So I thought at first glance however the fault corrections took a lot of thought and one very interesting truth table.

Last edited:
Hi mordred!

I downloaded the file and opened it with RSLogix Emulate. I put it in run mode to see how it acts, and right off the bat I noticed O:0/0 was on. (I assume outputs 0 through 4 are pumps 1 through 5...no comments on the actual outputs...)

Because the SQO rung is false when I:0/0 is low (water level), the output word remains in its last state.

I generally avoid using the SQO to write directly to the outputs, rather I always use an internal word so that I can condition the real output rungs.

You could add a rung to clear the output word when the water level limit switch is off to correct this minor issue.

I will start forcing stuff and let you know if I find any other quirks.

Paul

there will probably be a few quirks, one of the reasons I opted to use the SQO was to reduce the number of rungs I've also realized this weekend that I can shrink the SQO as there is several instances where I have the same conditions activating

Your correct on the outputs The Conorwa also did not have an input for a stop button which is one of the questions I asked him but he did not get back to me on that one. I'm thinking of adding a first scan code to correct any changes on the SQO data tables, Like I said looks like I can shorten that considerably my next challenge is to try to condense this somehow so that more than 5 pumps can become feasible for the error correction ( one of the reasons I went with the SQO) I'm looking at combining SQL and SQC with the SQO. The reasons is If someone wants to rotate 12 pumps the number of combinations would require way to many rungs to make it feasible