Developing Gateway-server

John Ardove

Hi

Im gonna create and own gateway-like server for communicating purpose between the server and PLC.

I need some help where to start a little.

What should the protocol to that, looks like?, what
I want is to send control signals and recieve data.
And the incoming data would laterly be translated to another protocol that i already have.
The communication is here TCP/IP , Ethernet as a base.
I will use C++ or C#

What do i have to be consider on?

Im very familiar with socket programming, and basic understanding of PLC, but the new for me is to get involved with different protocols that could be useful here.

I dont know what kind of PLC it should be,
i think more in general terms only.

Im little scared for MODBUS, its little to complex for me to start with, could it be more simple than that?

Most greateful for every help i can get.

Sincerly
John

Last edited: