ACS800 ABB Drive Fault

djpalaz

Hello,

I'm getting a DC Overvolt (3210) Fault. I've tried to turn off this fault by setting parameter 20.05 to NO (Overvoltage control deactivated) but I still get the fault. any thoughts to what could be wrong?

any thoughts to what could be wrong?

Just a shot in the dark because your post contains almost no details.

I see you are in Canada, is your supply voltage correct for the VFD ? As in your supply is 550 volts and the VFD is a 480 volt unit.

Any power factor correction caps in your system?

This VFD is part of a demo unit. It was running back in Canada on 120 V but now I'm in Qatar which supplies 230V.

This VFD is part of a demo unit. It was running back in Canada on 120 V but now I'm in Qatar which supplies 230V.

Confirm for me
-- you just changed the plug on the cord and plugged it into the wall?

Surprised it runs at all at twice the design voltage. You will need a 2:1 stepdown transformer. The other thing to consider in differing countries is frequency.

Dan Bentler

If you have the drive parameters setup to use a braking resistor and you do not have a resistor connected, you will get this fault every time the drive stops.

Turning 20.05 off makes the DC Overvoltage Fault more likely. When 20.05 is ON, the Drive automatically tries to extend the decel time to avoid the fault.

If you are getting the fault with the drive idle or running at constant speed, it is most likely caused by the incoming power.

From your description, you probably have a 230V drive fed by a 1/2 stepup transformer to get 240V for the drive input. That anticipants a 120V power supply.

If you now take that same system and plug it into 230V single phase, you will be putting 460V into the 230V drive. If that's the case, it's a wonder you still have the transformer and drive in working condition.

Better check it out before you plug it in again!