Analog to timer in ml1000-ml1200

allanbradl

Could anybody fetch me an idea how to make analog input 0-10v to control preset of a timer in ML1000-ML1200 (with slc500 I move SCP scaled output to PRE TON ) thanks

lost in time

thanks 93lt1 didnt know until now that ML1200 comes with SCP instruction , my rslogix and manuals are outdated , any way ML1000 still doesnt have SCP instruction and I still wonder what is the best way to handle analog input to timer preset in ML1000

The SCP instruction simply solves the equation,

Y = mX + b

where Y is the scaled output.
X is the input (analog input) value.
b is the value of Y when X is zero.
m is the slope of the line,
also equal to (Max Y - Min Y)/(Max X - Min X)

If your Micrologix doesn't have the instruction, you can roll your own.