Best place to learn PLC programming?

squale

I have a business in the packaging industry and I would like to get proficient with PLC programming, troubleshooting, etc. I come from a computer programming background so I think I will be good at PLC programming. What would be the best place to learn PLC programming, preferbly something I can do at home or online.

I work with packaging machinery with mainly uses Allen Bradley, Omron, etc. PLCs.

Thanks

Hi!

You must get a general book about PLCs(Hugh Jack book is nice) to make an idea and after that you must choose a family of PLCs from one of the manufacturer(AB,Siemens,Omron,a.o) and read the documentation.Try to find some samples and understand them.

Best regards!
Venix

A great place to start is www.thelearningpit.com which you can get software that very closely mimics Allen Bradley for around $35.00. You can download it for 14 days to try it, but you will not get all the simulations. $35.00 is very cheap for such a good learning tool. This web site also has some good books to start you out. Allen Bradley has some good home study programs, but they are kind of on the expensive side. Good luck on you future in programming.
Sincerely:
Maintenance Man
👨🏻‍🏫o_O:site:

Ron Beaufort as already mentioned by John M. He has great classes. They are second to none. Just read some of his posts and you will get a little taste of how his classes are. Best teacher I have ever had. You won't be sorry

I'm planning on a ControlLogix class soon.

Also do yourself a favor and watch the video's Ron put on YouTube.

GMc

Last edited: