Slc 5/03

sourabh605

Hi everyone,
i am trying to connect SLC 5/03 CPU with my laptop, in RSLinx the communication is established but i am not able to download program in it.
when i am trying, it is showing a message "CORRUPT PROCESSOR" .
can any one pls tell me what i have to do for it..??

The processor may be bad.

I would pull the backup battery out for awhile and leave it powered down.

Put the battery back in, power back up, and try the download again.

TheStarr is probably correct, but it is also possible that your version of RSLogix does not support the firmware of the 5/03 you're trying to talk to.

Note that without the battery, there is a small capacitor that will hold the processor memory for at least 30 minutes (I have seen them keep a program for a full day with no battery!). So it's recommended to short VBB to GND with the battery removed to drain that capacitor quickly, then you don't have to wait.

Paul

What version would that be?

I have never been able to recover a "corrupt" processor without a complete power-down/memory-wipe.

What version would that be?

I have never been able to recover a "corrupt" processor without a complete power-down/memory-wipe.

My guess is the OP's problem is as OkiePC said a RsLogix500 ver. and SLC firmware issue. There is a AB knowledgebase article on this I.D. 36596. Maybe someone can view it and give the forum an overview of what it says. You need a contract to view it.

Here it is.....

Question RSLogix500 rev prior 7.1 when accesses SLC 5/03, 5/04, 5/05 processor frn prior 10 getting error: 'Corrupted Processor' or 'No response from processor at selected path/node'.
trnsp.gif
Answer
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Product(s):
9324-RL0x00 , RSLogix 500 versions prior to [v7.10]
1747-L5xx , SLC Processors; 5/03, 5/04, 5/05
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Problem/Symptom(s):
Can successfully communicate/browse to a processor using RSLinx.
However when using RSLogix 500 versions prior to 7.10,
reports the following errors:
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
'Corrupted processor', or
'No response from processor at selected path/node!'

This will also affect RSLadder Products
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Cause(s):
Firmware 10 Controllers used.
RSLogix 500 Compiler / Decompiler used with new firmware and older software.

The problem usually requires that someone has at some stage used 7.10
and chose a Firmware 10 controller and downloaded to the controller.

The Firmware 10 choice was introduced in version 7.10 of RSLogix 500.
The Operating System is irrelevant.
The communication method is also irrelevant.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Answer/Solution(s):
Two choices:
1. Upgrade RSLogix 500 to 7.10 and you can go online.
2. Have the 7.10 software user downgrade the program to a firmware 3-9 processor program
(as in the attached example) and then re-download to the firmware 10 processor.
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Users with older versions of RSLogix500 will then be able to access the controller again.[/FONT]
Reference(s):
Please see File Attachements for further information.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Catalog Number: 9324RL0300ENE
DocFullNum: P167331192
Revision:6.10.10;6.20;6.30
[/FONT]

Unreal. It appears I have this problem, but in reading all the docs supplied here, I dont have the solution still.

My RSlinx lite see's the processor. The RSlogix500 sees what RSLinx sees, but connection is not possible based on that node path error.

The version of RSlogix however is 8.10 ... the docs refer to 7.10 and older.

this is a 5/03 SER D PROC REV 4
OS# 1747-OS302
SER B
FRN 10

Can anyone help with is this compatible? RSlogix Ver 8.1 with this CPU?

If not, where can I get a firmware update?

Unreal. It appears I have this problem, but in reading all the docs supplied here, I dont have the solution still.

My RSlinx lite see's the processor. The RSlogix500 sees what RSLinx sees, but connection is not possible based on that node path error.

The version of RSlogix however is 8.10 ... the docs refer to 7.10 and older.

this is a 5/03 SER D PROC REV 4
OS# 1747-OS302
SER B
FRN 10

Can anyone help with is this compatible? RSlogix Ver 8.1 with this CPU?

If not, where can I get a firmware update?
Call your Rockwell Distibutor.
They sell the Firmware Upgrades for the SLC series processors.