A/B Powerflex 700 AC Drive Standard Control Cassette

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
At least a year ago I remember the vector control card was less expensive than the standard and it seems there was a mention of the standard control card becoming obsolete.

Has the standard control cassette been phased out already?

Today, using the product config wizard at ab.com, it is not even listed. Also, does anyone know the timeline if it is to become unavailable?

I looked at ab.com/silver and found no mention of it being discontinued.

We have about fifty PF700 drives with standard control on Devicenet being controlled by a SLC 5/05. It is my understanding that if we switch to vector control, the devicenet mapping will change...I'd like to be prepared for that eventuality.

Thanks,
Paul

Well, I found no evidence that they are going away any time soon. I was a little worried though when the standard card did not appear in the configuration wizard. After tracking down the part number and entering it in the config search, then going to the wizard with the modify button, it would appear.

PF700_Control_Cassettes.png

It is my understanding that if we switch to vector control, the devicenet mapping will change...

If you are using Datalinks, the mapping will change. You will have to create some extra logic to handle the 32-bit parameters. If you are not using datalinks, nothing will change.

The parameters in a PF700 standard are 16 bits in size and vector is 32 bits. Datalinks in a vector require twice as much space in your mapping. For example, if you are reading amps on Dlink A1 on a SLC, instead of it appearing in one integer word, it will be spread across two integer words. Also, when DlinkA is enabled, a standard requires 8 bytes and a vector requires 12 bytes.