rs ladder

stu

hi i have just installed rsview 32works and in the box was a cd call rsladder can anyone tell me what it is for? is it so i can view the ladder logic from a hmi?
thanks stu

It works pretty well. The display is flat and doesn't show the project tree. You can use right clicks on a mouse to access the different program files to view. Not sure if they are accessible via buttons and actions, but since it is an activeX object I imagine they would be.

The only thing I wanted it to do but haven't been able to figure out, is how to make it go online automatically. I always have to manually right-click inside the object and then "go online".

I wish there was an equivalent for the 5000.

You can create buttons to navigate specific program files which is handy since you can effectively keep people out of routines you don't want them accessing.

Think of it as RSLogix without the editing capability. View only.

OG

Yeah 5/500 only. There is a version of RSLogix5000 that is effectively read only (RSLogix5000 Service Edition) so that could be an alternative. You could create a button or write VB that opens RSLogix5000 as a separate app. I like the RSLadder because I can embed it in a display rather than run it as a separate app.

OG

would this be easy to do,as i am new to plcs, also would you be able to
view the ladder logix when it is running

RSLadder can work online or offline. So yes, you can connect and view the live logic in the PLC-5 or SLC 500 controller.

RSLogix5000 of course can do the same.

OG

RSLadder ActiveX Controls

I know this is an old post but I recently have used RSLadder 500 in an RSView32 project and have stumbled across this which I hope others may also find useful.

To create a button to automate right click commands for RSLadder do the following:

1. Determine the object name by right-clicking the RSLadder control and selecting Object Name / ToolTip (default is usually RockwellSoftwareRSLadder5001). You can rename this if you like but take a note of what it is.

2. Create a button and make the press (or release) action do the following:

Invoke [DisplayName].[ObjectName].[Command]([Parameter])

So to explain...
'Invoke' is a command to interact with the ActiveX object.
'DisplayName' is the title of your display, or just use 'Me' without the quotes to use the currently active display (I always use Me).
'ObjectName' is the name of the ActiveX object I told you to find out previously.
'Command' is the command name that you want to use - I have a list below.
'Parameter' is optional, but is used by some commands to specify a required field.

Example...
I have a button that opens up Ladder 3...
Invoke Me.RockwellSoftwareRSLadder5001.ProgFile(3)

Ladder 6...
Invoke Me.RockwellSoftwareRSLadder5001.ProgFile(6)

A button that allows me to configure comms...
Invoke Me.RockwellSoftwareRSLadder5001.ConfigComms

A button that goes online...
Invoke Me.RockwellSoftwareRSLadder5001.GoOnline

and offline...
Invoke Me.RockwellSoftwareRSLadder5001.GoOffline

Hope this helps some people. I have attached an image of a full command list I have found - most are pretty self explanatory...

4B_pOPXUulVJKNzBv7fqh08GxvaUUDv-2zBUizmkK5o

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysu6nrx0dp91ae6/RSLadder.fw.png?dl=0

RSLadder.fw.jpg