Another industrial ethernet\different protocols question

Hello.

I am trying to understand how different protocols over industrial Ethernet work and I had this doubt.

I would like to know if the following plant configuration would work.
The devices on the network are:
2 Siemens S7-414
2 ABB AC800
2 Rockwell Control Logix
1 Switch(IEEE 802.3)

All PLCs are connected to the switch. PLCs of different manufacturers do NOT communicate with each other.
Siemens S7 communicate with the other S7 using Profinet
ABB AC800 communicate with the otherAC800 using Modbus/TCP
Control Logix communicate with the other Control Logix using Ethernet/IP

Would this work?
My main concern is the switch. Does a "normal" IEEE 802.3 IP V6 switch support all the different protocols? Or the differences between protocols require special switches to be used?

Maybe I´m making things too simple and you need more detail. If so, please tell me. The problem is there is no plant and I´m just trying to understand how things work.
Cheers

I would expect this to work, but I have have never tried it. I would use a managed switch and enable IGMP snooping for correct routing of multicast packets for Ethernet/IP. Success would depend on update times and date transmission rates. Having said that, Randomly attaching unralated devices is generally not a good idea. It is better to plan out your netork, attaching related devices in their own subnets. This will avoid difficult to track down problems.

Hi, I feel the switch is not the problem.
Siemens uses IEthernet(Industrial Ethernet), Rockwell uses Ethernet I/P and ABB ModBusTCP/IP, as far i know , Siemens Ethernet and Rockwell Ethernet dont talk, you need to have protocol converter say Iethernet to Ethernet TCP/IP. Check (anybus.com) website for protocol converter

Hi, I feel the switch is not the problem.
Siemens uses IEthernet(Industrial Ethernet), Rockwell uses Ethernet I/P and ABB ModBusTCP/IP, as far i know , Siemens Ethernet and Rockwell Ethernet dont talk, you need to have protocol converter say Iethernet to Ethernet TCP/IP. Check (anybus.com) website for protocol converter

The Original Poster stated that the devices didn't need to talk to each other.

Yes, it should work, differring upper layer protocols don't cause problems 'On the Wire', as long as the underlying transport is TCP/IP. The switch wouldn't care at all, as long as the packet headers are formed properly (and if something is communicating over IP, they should be).

Do pay attention to limiting the Multicast traffic. It's not a big deal on smaller networks, but get several hundred nodes, and it can become a problem.