ENI Interface with rslogix 500

Programmer4

I have noticed that when I configure the eni and begin communication with the plc through ethernet alot of the time it is difficult to establish communication such as download or even going online. It's like it works when it wants to. I am starting to think that there is some incompatability with RS Linx 2.54 has anyone else had this problem? I had and old laptop and thought this was the problem but it also does the same thing with my new one.

Remember that with the ENI the communication, even though part of the path is via Ethernet, is only as fast as the serial link. And having the ENI means that a standard DF1 packet gets wrapped in Ethernet by your computer (RSLINX), then in the ENI the Ethernet part is stripped off and the DF1 part is sent to the PLC. Coming back it's the opposite way. So even though you have the magic of Ethernet a bit of speed is lost. Look to see if you can up the serial link speed.