CX-protocol String problem

sttchui

Hi,

I have Omron PLC CJ1m-CPU12 linking with a Display panel. It is trigger by an DM to select the display message.

i only wanted to change the letter in the display, whenever i change the letter, nothing will be display it will only show the previous message, when i try re-load the old program the display is working again.

Is there any setting i left out?? to modify the ascii code in the protocol macro? i just delete the Old ascii code message & insert the new message but nothing seem to be working.

Please help

Thank you!

regards

sttchui

macro1.jpg macro2.jpg Port2.jpg Port2 program.jpg PLC IO2.jpg

Your display will almost always require the serial string to be in the same format each time, if you modify this format, then it may not accept the commands, as you are discovering.

Couple of things:
1. Do you have a manual of the display that has the serial command format? This will help to understand the structure.
2. From the look of your send message lists, there is no reference to the DM areas?
3. Can you post the actual CX-Protocol file, this will help to see how it is structured.
4. What does the message display, and what are you trying to change?
5. What are you changing that makes the function stop working? Are you changing characters within the message, or adding? Adding will more than likely create a failure as mentioned above.
6. Have you tried using the Trace feature? This allows you to see all the data being sent/received out the port.

Last edited:
Thanks lostcontorl

1) Unfortunely i dont have the manual how the display panel read the the code, i only know that is receive only ascii code & it reading from an Dm1600 in the program, this program is quite old, i just need to modify it but i finding it difficult to understand it also. when the DM 1600 change reading 1 , it will display message no.1 if it change to A(hex form) it will read message no.10
the display is from Olympex model EM series, i still trying to find the manual.

2) i have attached the program here, please have a look, i think is step 106 from the PMCR command triggering the display message, to read from SCU21-V1 in com. port no. 2

3)The mesaage is actually for a car part no. eg. engine 1 will display 'BJ1GA', i just wanted to change to new mesaage display say 'BJ1GH/X' for new car model.

4) i just delete the old message eg. 'Bj1GA' & insert new message 'BJ1GH/X', after i change it will show nothing on the display

5) i try the trace function. it show the message is change, i still not sure how the display work

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

sttchui

4) i just delete the old message eg. 'Bj1GA' & insert new message 'BJ1GH/X', after i change it will show nothing on the display
Can you post the modified protocol file as well? I am looking at your CX-Protocol file just now, the message should be changed in there from the look of it.

The trace feature is very useful, but there were none in the file you attached.

A manual would definitely help...

I have re-attached the PLC program, as the previous program i does not have any comment or symbol.

I also attached the trace history i try out earlier.

IN PSW1REV2
i try message Model 'AS3GHE' bit no.4 will trigger this.
then complete the sequence 'COMPLETE' bit no.11
then show the next model 'BJ1GX' bit no.1

IN PSW1REV3
The new message i wanted to display is in the 1st files