gefanuc series one low batt reset

Milt

The low batt led is lit on a gefanuc series one 325 cpu. After I replaced the battery the led stays lit and C377 stays on. How do I reset this?

It sounds like you got a bad battery, a bad connection, or installed the battery backwards. The Batt LED is lit when the battery voltage dips below threshold level. The LED is off when the voltage is OK or when the battery is disconnected.

Try powering up the CPU with no battery to see if the problem is in the CPU module. The LED should go off with no battery present. If it stays on, you have a short between the two battery connection pins.

Have you cycled power?

According to manual, light should go off on its own, its does however warn that if the 2 boards are not reseated well with each other, system goes in to a high current consumtion mode and drains the battery for you. Found no notes on fault resets, all say it just goes off sorry...

I just blew the dust off my Series One and yanked the battery. When I replaced it, I found that the LED on the face of the CPU module was off, but the 'Batt' LED on the face of the handheld programmer was on, and bit 377 was also on, just as you describe.

To reset bit 377, on the handheld, press 'SET', 'SHF', 3,7,7, 'ENT'

It appears that the LED on the CPU reflects voltage level, while the handheld monitors bit 377.

Last edited:
results of suggestions

After checking the battery connection and board seating, I unplugged the battery and powered up the cpu. The batt led stayed on. Automation Direct is sending a new cpu. Thank you for the timely assistance.

The problem could also be the base. The CPU compares a voltage from the power supply on the base to the battery voltage to determine if the batter is low. If this voltage from the base is not correct the CPU will flag a low battry. This is a common problem with Series 1 bases several years old.