Omron experts, I need your help

Goody

I am a complete newbie with Omron plc’s. I have the software and leads (bought for another project but never used)
but last week I was dragged /coerced into someone else’s job because I had the software.
Now of course, the job is mine - all the other technicians, know-alls have gladly disappeared into the woodwork.
And I too now am feeling well out of my depth.

The problem was that the machine kept stopping for no reason ( a servo motor stopped abruptly and caused problems)
it transpired that a red flashing led on the cpu was causing this.

The plc is a SYSMAC CS1G with a CPU 42H and in slot 6 is a motion controller C200HW-MC402-E.

I auto connected to the plc and all went well. Then during running the machine the fault appeared again and in the error log I read that the fault was 0300 - which read;

An error occurred in a data
exchange between the CPU
Unit and a Special I/O Unit.

Cycling the power reset the fault and the machine runs again. (Albeit with intermittent faults)
I tried re-seating and cleaning the pins on the motion control unit but the fault still persisted intermittently.
- So the customer bought a new one (cripes £2200)

I plugged this into the rack and it would not work. I then realised that this unit needs a program in it *(I think)

The 1 sheet that came with the unit said I needed the software ‘motion perfect 2' which I have acquired (but no lead)

So my dear omron experts - how do I get the program out of the old MC and into the new? Or have you other suggestions where I have gone wrong.
My reputation is hanging on a thread between hero and zero here :)

You'll need to hook up to the mini-DIN connector on the motion controller. Put the old controller back in the slot and try to upload. Check this manual.