Counters

peterc49

First, thanks again to everyone who has helped me so far. I have another problem. I have a photo-eye input which has to be detected during the scan. I understand that I need to use the IIM instruction but how do I get the counter to count up by only 1 for each sensor input. This is how I have it set up now.

code.jpg

Why do you need the IIM instruction?

The CTU will only increment on each false to true transition of the input conditions. If you are getting too many counts, then the input condition is changing more than you expect.

Look closely at the scan time of the program, and figure out the ON and OFF pulse during of your input.

Paul

Okie,
Thanks! This is in a subroutine and when I had the input hooked directly to the counter, I would not get a count until the second pulse of the input. When I tried the IIM it worked (except for the non-stop counting) so I probably led myself astray. This trial and error learning method is growing old! I'll keep plugging away. Thanks again.