Read string from Pic Window to new picture

davkav

Hey guys, small problem Im having here. I have a Static text box on my picture say its called "valve faceplate".

This picture is opened via a picture window located on my main screen. The picture window is called Valve1.

How can I get the static text on my faceplate to read the string from the heading property of the Picture window?

Any help is much appreciated guys

Edit: Probably should mention im using WinCC 7.0 :)

Thanks
Dave

It Ought to be posible to link both items to an internal tag. The Window title is easy enough to do but the faceplate isn't obvious.

Edit the faceplate and make sure that your I/O box for the text isn't attached to a tag. From the edit menu, select Edit connections(?) can't quite remember). you will be shown a screen with all the faceplate objects and their properties. Drag the iobox.value from the right hand column into the left hand properties column. You should then be able to pass a value to the faceplate that will appear in the I/O box.

Sorry If I haven't explained this very well, I only tried it just before I left the office today. I'll try and post some screen shots tomorrow to demonstrate further.

Nick

The attached picture, Screens, shows 3 elements:

1) Start Screen contains an I/O box for some text that is linked to an internal tag called StringTag, a button linked to an internal tag ShowPicture and a picture window that displays SubPic.

2) SubPic contains an instance of a faceplate NewFpt1

3) Faceplate NewFpt1 contains a rounded rectangle and an I/O box for a string output.

Configuring the Faceplate:

Place all items that you need on the faceplate and then select the "Configure Faceplate Type" option from the edit menu. The configuration dialogue appears - see attached file EditFaceplate.jpg. To expose an objects properties externaly to the faceplate, Select the object in the middle pane then drag the required property from the right hand pane and drop it into the left hand pane; you can rename it at this point also.

Configuring the screen to display the faceplate:

Draw the faceplate object onto the screen, right click and select properties. From the properties tab, select the UserDefined item in the left hand pane and the faceplate interface objects should appear in the right hand pane. See attached picture Properties.jpg

I think that faceplates have great potential and I've used them quite a bit in WinCCFlex but I haven't used one in anger yet in WinCC7.0

Nick

EditFaceplate.jpg Screens.jpg Properties.jpg