Allen Bradley Power Monitors acting weird

msynco

Hello all,
I have two of the power monitor 3000 series that refuse to re-start accumulating if the power is cycled. The internal totalizers reset themselves to zero, and simply refuse to start. The voltage and current read good numbers when this happens. The only way I've found to get them working again is to go into RSPower 32 and enter a value into the KWH fwd energy, even a zero will work (there's already a zero there).
The plant i work at has 28 of these installed, but its always the same two meters that stop. We are try to use these meters to divide our energy costs between departments, and it gets frustrating to lose the values, especially with management breathing down my neck wanting to know why. I have changed one of the meters out with a spare and get the same results. Any ideas?

I'm not familiar with these. It sounds like the CPU is getting lost. A write to memory (even writing a zero) "wakes it up". Check backup battery. It might be marginal. Check for noise spikes on communication lines when powered down.