Proworx Download Error

vguerra

I'm trying to write to a Modicon Quantum 113/2 using Proworx NXT V2.1. I keep getting Message 389 - Command not valid unless logged in.

The PLC is in Dim Awareness and the program must be ok as it was previously running on this same processor. The download appears to complete the traffic cop section and then comes up with this error. I can log in as Supervisor on the security menu and the 'write to processor' option is enabled. Comms also appear to be ok as it picks up the fact that the PLC is in dim awareness.

This is the first time I've had to use Proworx and Modicon stuff so please be gentle!

Thanks

Vctor

Dim Awarness

Dim Awarness means the processor RAM is suspect and the configuration and control programs need to be downloaded.

You may be having a timing problem caused by the simultaneous download of the configuration and program into a "dim" processor. My experience is that, this problem is usually only seen on the restart of a processor whose operating memory became corrupted by a battery failure.

Try downloading the configuration only, then doing a second download of the program and state RAM. Sometimes I will create and download a base configuration (the processor only) to confirm everything is working, then I load my correct configuration and program.

I have not used Proworx Nxt but I do use Modicon Quantum and Momentum PLCs with Cocnept software. The Modicons have to have an executive file in order to load a program. If the PLC was powered down and also lost battery power the executive may have been lost. The executive is sort of an operating system that allows the processor to function with the desired hardware configuration. Soemthing to check...

If this is case (Executive file problem),
What Can I do to fix it?

Is there anyway to recovery this Executive file?

Thanks

Try going to Modicon.com and looking in the control software section, go to Proworx legacy support and then Prowrx nxt. You can download the manual in a PDF. I hope this gets you going...there is executive info in chapter 5 page 118.