RSView 32 - Migration?

Plastic

We have an existing industrial machine that has a ControlLogix processor. The machine was originally created by an OEM. The HMI is a DELL desktop PC sitting in the control panel with a remote VGA touchscreen.

We believe that the HMI software may be RSView 32 with a single runtime license (300 tag limit).

We have added considerable amount of increased functionality to the machine to handle new product to be manufactured.

The machine is running satisfactorily, as we readily added I/O and PLC control, utilizing RSLogix 5000. Now that the machine is running, we need to add many informational messages at the HMI to alert the operators about new functionality. We had a outside contractor inform us that we would be unable to add the increased HMI because 300 tag limit.

I have two questions:
What Software would I need to purchase from Rockwell Automation to modify the existing RSView 32 application utilizing my developers PC?

What is the next incremental step above a 300-Tag runtime license to install on the run-time computer.

Also note: we have a multiple seat Rockwell Software ToolKit (2009 current). We MAY? have what we need it the TollKit, but again, I do not know enough about RSView 32 to know how to ask the right question(s).

I have used Factory Talk Studio ME and created successful ME runtime applications and installed them in PanelViewPlus CE terminals.

Thank You for your input.

Plastic

You will need a RSView32 Works license, which should be part of your toolkit, to make edits to the existing project. You can upgrade the 300 tag license. The next size up is 1500 tag. You can check how many tags the project is currently using by opening the Tag Database, and selecting "Tag Statistics" from the Help menu.

You will need to purchase RS View32 works, that is where you can modify your project. Not really sure what the next lvl of tags are, we use 32k and 100k.

If you already had RSView32 Works and you needed additional digital tags you could use derived tags. It's an inexpensive way of increasing your tag count without having to upgrade to the next license level. Rockwell even shows you how to do it in a technote.