Vijeo Designer

thebhoy11

I am currently trying to create a project with vijeo designer and have never used it before. Some of the manuals I have saw from schneider arent very informative in how to integrate things. Any help or tips would be more than welcome!

I am using a Magelis XBTGT2330 AND IM LOADING VALUES INTO THE HMI from the PLC. I need info on how to convert these values into device addresses. I have examples of eg - %M10 - 00011 and %MW10 - 40011 but dont know how to convert any of the other addresses for %MF10 etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am using a Magelis XBTGT2330 AND IM LOADING VALUES INTO THE HMI from the PLC. I need info on how to convert these values into device addresses. I have examples of eg - %M10 - 00011 and %MW10 - 40011 but dont know how to convert any of the other addresses for %MF10 etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Which PLC, is it Schneider, which driver are you using ?

See the image.

You create a new variable(either internal or external) and from there you can choose the type.

Jon.

VJD.jpg

Modbus(RTU) is my driver and I have already done the PLC code. I have been told that there is a format for creating my external device addresses, I know the format for the 2 examples I have shown but dont know it for the rest like - %MF,%MD. By this I mean for a %M12 as PLC address, the HMI address would be 00001+12 = 00013

As shown in post #10 make sure you select IEC syntax. You can then just type in %mf10 or whatever adress you want to use. No need to use offset adressing like 40011. Just type in the addresses as it is in twido suite

I have done what has been said above. How do I know when my HMI and PLC are communicating. I have an XBT Z9780 cable between them and have made the HMI the master and the plc address 1. My com light is flashing but my tags dont appear to be working. How do I know if my comms are ok. Is there any e.gs out there to work from. Cheers

I have done what has been said above. How do I know when my HMI and PLC are communicating. I have an XBT Z9780 cable between them and have made the HMI the master and the plc address 1. My com light is flashing but my tags dont appear to be working. How do I know if my comms are ok. Is there any e.gs out there to work from. Cheers

Well you have sort of answered your own question really...its not working, does the screen give you any errors when it starts up ?