SLC150 communication

mchamizo

Hi... I have to communicate with SLC150, and I find the connector pin configuration in an old post...but I find other pinout in the bulletin 1745 A-B ...who is de correct one?... look at this :confused:

Thanks

(sorry....my english is not good.. :) )

Both are correct, but each is a different view. Pinout2.pdf is more complete. It is the view of the socket on the PLC without the cable plug. Pinout.pdf is the view of the cable connector when you are looking at the pins facing you. If you visualise the cable connector plugged into the socket you will see that the pins match.

Yo no hablo español. Esta es una traducción de Google.
Ambas son correctas, pero cada uno es un punto de vista diferente. Pinout2.pdf es más completa. Es el punto de vista de la toma de corriente en el PLC, sin el enchufe del cable. Pinout.pdf es la opinión de los conectores del cable cuando usted está buscando en los pines de frente a usted. Si usted visualizar el conector del cable conectado a la toma se verá que los pines de partido.​

Last edited:
Thanks for reply....but in the Pinout.pdf the pin of the way is the number 2, and Pinout2.pdf the pin of the way is the numbre 8 (The graph changes the disposition of pins)

En el archivo Pinout.pdf muestra una disposicion del conector Din 8-pin, en el archivo Pinout2.pdf muestra otra disposición...gracias por contestar en español!!!!!!! ;)

Thanks for reply....but in the Pinout.pdf the pin of the way is the number 2, and Pinout2.pdf the pin of the way is the numbre 8 (The graph changes the disposition of pins)

En el archivo Pinout.pdf muestra una disposicion del conector Din 8-pin, en el archivo Pinout2.pdf muestra otra disposición...gracias por contestar en español!!!!!!! ;)
Yes , you are correct, I failed to see the pin 2 and pin 8 error in the first drawing (pinout.pdf). The number 8 pin is in the center of the connector while the number 2 pin is near the outside edge of the connector. Use pinout2.pdf. It is the correct drawing.

Sí, tienes razón, no he logrado ver el pin 2 y el pin 8 de error en el primer dibujo (pinout.pdf). El número de 8 pines se encuentra en el centro del conector mientras que el número 2 pin está cerca del borde exterior del conector. Pinout2.pdf uso. Es el dibujo correcto.

Last edited:
thank you Mickey...look...I tried to follow the steps...but I can't connect to the PLC... I have a RS-232/Rs422 converter B&B, model 422CFCR, and this one connected of the following way:

PC (DB9)------------(DB25) RS-232/Rs-422 (DB25)-------------- PLC (DIN8)
DCD 1 -4y6 ............................ TD A 2 -------------- 1
Rx 2 -------------- 3 Tx............... TD B 14-------------- 2
Tx 3 -------------- 2 Rx............... RD A 3 -------------- 8
DTR 4 -1y6............................. RD B 16-------------- 3
GND 5 -------------- 7 GND............. RTS A 4 -|
DSR 6 -1y4............................. RTS B 19 | ---|
RTS 7 -------------- 5 CTS............. CTS A 5 -| .. |
CTS 8 -------------- 4 RTS............. CTS B 13 -----|
9 .....................................Power + 25-------------- 6
.......................................Power - 12-------------- 7

...the DOSBox works correctly... I set my configuration:
serial1=directserial realport:COM1
serial2=dummy
serial3=disabled
serial4=disabled

Pcis works good...but it's not connection..Sometimes, when the PLC start, it gives me an error as this one: "Communication Error - Improper Processor Identification - Check for proper proccesor unit connection"

¿¿???? ...Not that to do

Last edited:
Try to change (swap) the wires on pin2 and pin 3 of the pc db9 or try a null modem adapter.

inversa (o el intercambio) de los cables en el pin 2 y pin 3 del DB9 PC o intentar un adaptador de módem nulo

Last edited:
I prove the converter of this form: pc DB9 - DB25 converter ...and in the side RS-422 I did a loop like this: TDA+RDA , TDB+RDB, RTSA+CTSA , RTSB+CTSB ...with this configuration and "hyper terminal" of windows I was sending characters and the converter was returning them... but between the PLC and Pcis I don't have communication

From Main Menu Screen press F7 configuration.
Next, try baud rate change F1. Next, check SLC port F2 setting.
Did you try what I posted in post 8? Also try swap TDA with TDB. Next, try swap RDA with RDB. Next, try swap TDA and TDB with RDA and RDB.

Last edited:
Thanks at all... I connected with the previous configuration, just I had a problem with a "soldadura fría" (cold weld??)in the DIN