hhheeelllppp mmmeee!!!!!

David_Emmerich

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi group,đź““;)

I am going at this cold...I have never played with GE's PROFICY M.E., but have to get into a 90-30( I think that is the number) this morning. I down loaded the Back-up files last night from our company server, but can not get them into the Proficy program...anyone know a surefire, do it now, way to get this done?;)

This is on a machine that has been sitting for 2.5 yrs.... the CTC screen on it had a bunch of exploded caps so I have a replacement unit coming in this morning, and really need to see what is going on with the rest of the system.🍻

Thanking you all in advance....🍻(Really a Coffee Klink)

David

The backup created by Proficy Machine Edition is a .zip file. To restore, open Machine Edition, without selecting a recent project from the pop-up (Click "Cancel"). Then when ME gets to its menu screen, from the "Files" menu click "Restore Project". That will be looking for a .zip file. Click on the backup file you got from your company server. If there is already a copy the project on your computer, you will prompted about whether to overwrite the existing or create a new project.

Are you sure the original file was created with Machine Edition? If it was created using VersaPro or Logicmaster, you will need to import. If so, create a new 90-30 project using ME, right click on the PLC target (Target1) it creates and follow the "Import" procedure.

Last edited:
Hi Steve....The files on the server are not .zip...they appear to all the individual file folders that are listed in a project...my problem seems to be how to import those folders into Proficy...I have not had any luck so far...
David

I knew if I cussed at it long enough I would get it in there....You were right Steve, I had to do an Import of a Versa pro Folder...I just had to figure out were that import command was hidden....Thanks a lot, got to go throw this into the machine, back later.🍻🍻🍻

David

Glad this post was still here!!!!! Thanks again Steve!!!! BTW, The file that I needed was a LP50...Worked just fine... Now to export the Tag DB....:p

David

........Oh poop....were are the element names in the ladder? Are they only visible when you hover over them? how lame.(n).....Any way to make them visible all the time? How about a way to show a list of them???

Sorry, I guess that I am just spoiled...:rolleyes:

David

Any way to make them visible all the time?
In the Navigator window, click on the tab furthest to the left (I'm not sure what the icon is supposed to represent). Expand "Editors", then "Ladder", then "View". There's the list of display properties. The more things you select as "True", the more space it takes up so you get to see fewer rungs of ladder logic.

Click on the tab with the scroll in the Navigator window for a list of variables. There are options for viewing by address or alphabetically and filtering options to screen out variables from the list.

Again, Thank you Steve...That worked just like you said it would!!:p....Now I am working on the dang tags again...I will keep you posted on that process....

David

Two tips:
1. Open the 'Feedback Zone'(Hammer Icon) window and select the 'References' tab to see a full cross reference of the selected variable (in the variable list or in ladder). You can dbl-click a location in this window to navigate there.
2. Open the 'Companion'(Blue Star and ? Icon) window or press 'F1' to see help on the selected object.
This SW needs a very large screen or multiple screens, for best productivity.

Back
Top Bottom