Step 7 Symbol Update Procedure

hdbishopjr

I have a PLC with a German Symbol file. I created a english one that is identical to the german one except its in english. I deleted the german one and am trying to figure how to get my ladder to reflect the english symbol file. When I slide my mouse over a contact symbol, the german description is still there. Does anyone know the correct procedure to update a symbol file, or replace it. All the symbol names are the same, the only difference is the descriptions.

Thanks
Dave

STEP7 and not STEP7 Microwin I presume ?
In which "symbol file" did you make the changes ? In a STEP7 project there can only be one symbol file per CPU (The "Symbols" in the project tree).
If you exported the symbols to a .DIF file, and made your edits in the .DIF file you must import them to update the active symbols.

step 7 sp4

I have two symbol files. If I export them; they are called AAAAAAAA.asc and I can import and export them all day long but it deosnt seem to affect anything.

Where is the symbol table stored? it needs to be within the CPU tree. If its a folder not within a CPU then it wont affect any of the blocks within that CPU