OT. Anyone know where to get a bona fide Windows 7 RC ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Sorry for the topic, but I only trust you guys.
Microsoft stated that we had until August 20 (which is today) to get the Windows 7 RC, but appearantly they stopped the download site early (or did I misunderstand something ?). I have a product key, but not the actual software. I believe that it is all legitimate and legal. On Microsofts site it says that I can install and use the software until March 2010.
It says on the www that there are numerous malware infected Windows 7 RC out there. So I dare not download from just any site. Who else to ask but you reliable PLC persons, eh ? Anyone ?

The background is that I have an elderly resurrected PC that I want to use for checking out Windows 7.

Not cheaply

Our guys belong to the Microsoft Developer's Network so they have had Windows 7, the final release, for some time and we have been developing with it. The MSDN people get software far in advance of what others do.

I just asked today if they had run any PLC software on Windows 7. The answer is no. All the PLC software is running in WinXP virtual machines.

I also just asked if our software was Win7 compatible and I was told the last releases or two of our product have been. There weren't many changes to be made most of the delay is just in testing.

So far Win7 gets a thumbs up from the developers.

An evaluation version of the RTM is due out before too long. You might wait for that. It will probably be valid for 30 - 60 days. But it will be the actual RTM instead of the RC.

OG

I used RSLogix 5000 ver 17 and RSLinx 2.54 in the Beta. The only glitch I ran into was when it came time to configure RSLinx drivers I had to log in as the Administrator user. I haven't tried it since in the RC or with RSLinx 2.55.

OG