Off-Topic: I am a finalist!

Steve Etter

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi everybody,

Let me start by saying I know this has nothing to do with PLC's, but I discussed it with Scott prior to posting and he has graciously allowed to post this. I apologize in advance if anyone takes exception to my post.

Now, on to the post.

I would like to for your support. I am fortunate enough to have been selected as one of the 150 finalists in a nation-wide contest. The next stage of the contest, which ends on September 20, is an on-line vote for the top 5 finalists.

The contest is to create and have selected a concept for a television show. The winning contestant will get to go to Hollywood to produce a pilot show based on the winning idea. There has already been an initial selection stage that I have made it through. You can visit the contest website at www.pilotproject.tv. You will have to register (at no cost) to actually view the submissions. My submission is titled "Twelfth Juror" and my user name there is "takoga".

I would like to ask for members of this board to go to the website and vote for my submission. I know this has absolutely nothing to do with PLCs, but I am hoping that you and other PLC professionals are willing support me in this.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Etter

OK Steve, I found the site, and I registered, and I found the pitch (under "Other, it helps if you sort by name in descending order).

I didn't find how to vote.

Thanks for asking guys.

Once you have registered and if you are not already at the "home" page, you can click on HOME at the very top of the screen. Once on the home page (www.pilotproject.tv./index.html ), you will see the text:

150 Semi-Finalist Announced!
Click here to VOTE!

Simply click on that link.

To make it even easier (I hope), you can clik right here to go straight to my submission. The link to vote is right beside the submission name at the top of the page.

Incidently, in order to successfully vote, you will have to vote for three different entries.

&*#~?!.

Scott is the host of another board I frequent. I got he and Phil mixed up. I sent requests to both places and Phil hasn't responded yet.

Unforgivable! banghead

Phil...please forgive my error. I understand if you choose to pull this.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Steve

Thanks for the proxy vote, Paul. Now if only I could find a legitimate way to use it.....

Oh well. Since they made the rules, I guess we gotta live by 'em.

I appreciate the support, in any case.

Steve

I agree, the standings would be nice to know, but I looked long and hard for them and it appears they are keeping that info secret during this stage.

I must confess, though, not knowing does level the playing field a bit. I imagine the real determining factor will end up being who promotes themselves the most effectively. Personally, I have contacted my local news sources and radio stations as well as posting both here and on another message board. Of course, friends and family are being solicited, too.

If anybody has any ideas how else I can spread the word far and wide, by all means, bring it on.

Steve

OK...

Hi Folks,

Let's make an exception to our rules and help out a 'site regular'.

Maybe when the 'twelfth juror' wins the contest and becomes a tv show the show can be tweaked to include plcs...

And Steve, when you win, promise not to forget all of us 'little plc people' ;)

Enjoy,
Scott
Phil

submission order

Bob Steve,

Too bad you didn't name it '12th juror' instead of 'twelfth juror' as that would have placed your entry at the top of the list alphabetically. list

I'll bet most people don't read through all 150 of them especially when going there to vote for a particular one and being forced to vote for 2 others. Probably the two on top of the list will get a ton of votes... but for the record I didn't vote for them just for that reason.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Voted for ya!

After getting registered and confirmed on the site as a member or what ever it is, I voted for your show Steve. Along with the required other two.
GOOD LUCK WITH IT!

Phil - Thanks a bunch for your support and making this a sticky. I really appreciate it. I gotta say I feel pretty dumb mixing you up with Scott - lets just pray that none of my PLC code is quite that bad. I even scare myself with that thought.

To everyone who has already voted - Thank you, too. If I am fortunate enough to make it to the finals I will do my best to get you guys and this site recognized.

One thing about it, I can't really imagine dropping controls design from my regular life, no matter what may come. Been doing it for too many years, dontchaknow.

Steve

Well Steve,

Looks like you didn't win :( ... but #30 out of 150 is quite good. (y)

I'd suggest a PLC programming theme for next years entry but I'm not sure the world is ready for it yet...

Good job anyway!