Slc 5/5 and devicenet

The M0 and M1 files are "Module Files" and exist only inside the DeviceNet Scanner module, rather than in the Data Files memory of the controller.

The conventional method of accessing these files is to perform a COP instruction to copy the M1 file into an Integer file (N11 is popular) and another COP instruction to copy a different Integer file (N10 is popular) to the M0 file.

The M0 and M1 files are "Module Files" and exist only inside the DeviceNet Scanner module, rather than in the Data Files memory of the controller.

The conventional method of accessing these files is to perform a COP instruction to copy the M1 file into an Integer file (N11 is popular) and another COP instruction to copy a different Integer file (N10 is popular) to the M0 file.

Thanks Ken,
But the method which u said thats for only to move the data to or from the M files , i can see the discrete file address in scanner module but when i open processor outputs they all are in the deiscrete mode means O:1/1 to O:1/63 instead of M0:1.1 now what is my problem is i have to set up a Powerflex on the network and i want to move data(start bit ,forward, revarse, speed ref etc)so i need to write in the word which i have mapped for that node and that node address i can see in only O files in the processor thats why i cant decide which O word for that M word so have u got any idea so i can see that M files in form of O

Thanks

dhirenkumar,

This is where "programming" comes into play. Copy the MO bits from the Devicenet Scanner to somewhere in PLC memory (Ken suggested some "N" files), then pick out the Input bits you need FROM your drive, and use those bits as control bits in a program to set your Output bits on or off as needed. Then use another COP command to move these Outputs to you Devicenet Scanner M1 file bits (that are your outputs TO the drive).