SF LED is ON on SM326 I/O module

darshana821

Hi,

I have installed CPU315F with a safety protector, SM 326 DI 24 and SM 326 DO 8 I/O modules. I have downloaded the hardware configuration and CPU does not show any error. But Both the I/O modules have SF LED ON. In the module properties, diagnostic buffer shows "CRC error data message".

How can I resolve this issue? Please help.

Thanks,
Darshana K

I think the hardware configuration is not matching or check the I/O address .
Or try creating new project and upload station and then download.

Thanks for the reply, but i have checked the hardware configuration and the I/O addresses are fine. I have connected few lamps to the output channels of SM 316 DO 8 ch module. I can see flickering light through these lamps at regular interval. Is that because of the SF light or it is causing the SF LED to be ON.

I am using profinet communication. and I am using ILPBs for Start, Stop and ACK commands. The lamps are connected to SM 326 DO 8ch module and the contacts (NO/NC) are connected to SM 326 DI24. Earlier SF light was ON on both modules but now it is coming only on DO module. and as I mentioned earlier, I can see flickering light at regular interval through lamps. When I open the diagnostic buffer, CRC data error message appears.

Sounds like you could have a bad connection somewhere. Im not familiar with profinet but ive been around profibus alot and you can get very strange problems if you have a bad connection somewhere.