MPI Adaptor

Shehu

Hi Guys

I have just install Simatic S7 software on my laptop but is communicating to PLC using MPI Adaptor, What do I do Please?

Shehu:confused:

Hi Shehu, if you are using usb to mpi adapter first thing first what is the message you are receiving, assumming you already selected your communication protocol on PG/PC interface. (example profibus,mpi)

1. Look for the 3 green lights on the USB-MPI adapter.
2. Go to NetPro then PLC->View All Accessible Nodes. If your MPI adapter is working it will find the PLC you are connected to AND the MPI port. Note the MPI port number because that is the port through which you must download the configuration.

When ever you get an 'adapter or connection damaged' error do steps previous steps to reassure that your USB-MPI adapter is still OK. The error messages the Siemens prints are often misleading. I think they wanted to sell lots of USB-MPI adapter to unsuspecting programmers.

3. At this point I have taken two routes.
A. While still in NetPro, upload from the PLC.
B. clear everything and then add parts back in at HWConfig.

I just went through the learning curve you are going through.