RSView32 Horizontal Animation HELPPP

soop7667

I'm very new to RSView32 and Im trying to animate a part of a machine that moves left and right (horizontally) on the screen. It's tag is an Encoder which always runs in one direction (0 to 359) however I need my machine part to move left when the tags value is over 60 but less than 105 (I've accomplished that) then I need it to move back to the right the same ammount when the encoder value goes from 105 to 150. thats where my problem is. I've tried some arithmetic stuff but it doesn't seem to be working out. PLEASE HELP

I haven't worked with RSView32 but, having taken a quick peek at the manual on the AB site, I see that you can use expressions which contain "if - then - else" constructions. If the encoder count is between 60 and 105 then use that count but if its between 105 and 150 then use (210 - encoder count).

Duplicate the object in question
Object 1 is visible from 60-105
Object 2 visible from 105-150
Then move object 2 in the other direction.

Bob

I'm assuming that you have an object which you are animating the Horizontal Position. Could you post the equation you have so far, as well as the horizontal offsets (min & max), if used.

It seems as though this should work:

Code:
IF ENCODER < 150 THEN
   IF ENCODER < 105  
      THEN ENCODER - 60
   ElSE
      150 - ENCODER
ELSE 0

This will produce a value of 0 through 45 when the encoder is between 60 and 105, and 45 through 0 when the encoder is between 105 and 150.

... see if this helps ...

This should be enough to get you going ... you may have to tinker with the values in the condition statements ... no offense but you were a little ambiguous with some of the conditions ...

[attachment]

post again if you need more help than this ... but try to be more specific with your conditions ... and don’t forget the OR ELSE statements ...

PS Edit: this is just about the same approach as Allen's ... but sometimes a picture helps ...

encoder.jpg

Before seeing all of your advise, and after tinkering a lot with it I was able to get the motion I wanted. I used the horizontal position animation to move it forward (left) and the horizontal slider to move it backwards(right).

My expressions went like this: For the Horizontal Position I used
"if (encoder) < 60 then 0 else if (encoder) > 105 then (Encoder)
else 0"

Pixles were Min -60 Max 0 (this got it going to the right)
min reading 105 max reading 145

For the horizontal Slider I used
(encoder)
pixels were Min 0 Max -60 (this got it going to the left)
min reading 60 max 105

This project isn't near done, so I'm sure I'll be posting more questions as I find time to work on it. Thank you all for the help and I'll be tinkering with your suggestions as well so I might be able to use them on other things. I've still got a lot parts to get moving.