TSX 17 PLC upload

:oops:Hi ,
i have been asked to replace a TSX17 24012 PLC so i have ordered the following from Schneider

TSXLPL72C5E software
TSX17ACCPC cable

will i be able to upload the program from the PLC so i can either convert it to modicon or alternatively to another plc(converting a printout).

regards
mark

yes you will but i think you will loose all the comments and tags of io and internal memory bits and words etc. If you can get the original that will be best.

alsoim not sure that you can run that software on windows. As i remember correctly you have to run it on OS2 from IBM. There are ways around that by downloading the virtual pc software from microsoft and install os2 on that virtual pc. But where you are gonna get OS2 installation disks is a whole different ball game

thanks,
i know with some plc's you need the original files but i was n ot sure with this system.
unfourtunatly ther is no chance of getting the original source code, i have been told it is dos and i have a old compaq laptop that should do.

mark

at least its dos. I was probarbly thinking about modsoft.
And dont take my word as final awnser as i am spitballing a bit. Havent worked with tsx17 for a very long time. will find out exactly if the comments and tag names will be lost