Connecting Siemens PLC CPU (315 DP 2) to TP 270 Via Zlinx Radio Modem (Wireless)

libbysen

Dear All,

I would like to do the following project in a crane which runs on Siemens PLC S7 300 CPU 315. Its connected to a TP 270 (Touch panel). All i need to do is to connect the TP 270 to a remote area (ie) 5 Kms away by connecting it to the PLC via a radio modem (Zlinx) Range is 14 miles.

Following are the Deatils of the hardware i have:-

1. Siemens S7 300 PLC with 315 Dp2 Cpu. (MPI-Interface)
2. Siemens TP 270 (MPI / RS 485 interface)
3. Zlinx Radio Modem with 14 miles range,whichsupports RS-485.

Could anyone please explain me what i am lacking. Cause i tried connecting in all ways according to the manual but i could not commumnicate. Waiting for a good response.

thank you.

Libbysen