SLC 5/01 Stuck Runtime error Help needed

micgent

A "Stuck" Runtime error is detected on I/O module 3
Un-Quote

In a System comprising: SLC 5/01 CPU / 16 Input DC Sink / 8 Output Relay / Analogue Output, Modules (1 of each in that order)

We get the above fault, also noted:
Major Error Halt S:1/13 Flag=1, (all other flags=0)

This fault has been occuring on the PLC for the last 3 years about once every 2 month. We connect RSLogix, clear the fault. Then the machine is running again.

With regard to making a permanent repair can anyone advise the cause or where I should be looking?

thanks

micgent

Last edited:
No actually there is a better way to isolate what the real problem is

Get a copy of the SLC 500 instruction set look up the error corrections recommended under s:1/13 and s:6 the exact error can be recorded by following the instructions provided under the s:6 status bit it will provide a hex value depending on what error occured also I beleive s:20 and s:21 also provide some insite but check that under the s:6 heading in the instruction set. Also you can clear this with the keyswitch by toggling from program back to run or set s:1/8 to 1 clear major errors on power up

Last edited:
xx51​
A “stuck” runtime error is detected
on an I/O module.
If this is a discrete I/O module, this is
a noise problem. If this is a specialty
I/O module, refer to the applicable
user manual for the probable cause.
Cycle power to the system. If this
does not correct the problem, replace
the module.

this is from the instruction set I see now why Mickey recommended the surge suppression. I would look at the third card on the rack which I beleive you listed as an analog output module. Check the wiring make sure your not intermittantly tied to ground thru poor shielding. If the wiring is good then follow Mickey's suggestion