Serial to Devicenet Convertor

TCuts

Hi All,
Does anyone here know of a device which will let me attach a serial hand scanner to devicenet? Obviously it would have to have some smarts in it for node addressing etc. I can't seem to find a device like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thad

I've used DIP Inc's CDN-066 as well as WRC's 1782-JDC device. Both work fine once you figure out how they're using a DeviceNet I/O image to represent a stream of serial characters.

If your master device is an A-B scanner there are detailed configuration examples available for both of those products.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Firstly sorry this is so long winded, but at least you get a solid background. Can anyone help with a problem I have with a Device Net...
Replies
Views
Hi all can I connect a barcode scanner with a 1761 net-dni to a logix processor over devicenet network or is there a alternative.
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of an AOI using the user ASCII protocol select on the L6x controllers that will talk Modbus RTU using RS-485? Thanks, Trevor...
Replies
Views
I have 9 field devices, three METSEPM5110 power meters and six ACE949-2 rs285 interface modules. I want to read this Modbus rtu data through rs485...
Replies
Views
I have lm9030 program on my toughbook CF-29 cannot get my program to hook up with the serial port.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom