Protool error message

mangletech

Morning all

I have a problem....dont we all lol!!!
I need to edit the screen graphics on an OP37, which is running Windows 95 and protool v5.01 runtime.
So...what i did was to copy over to my laptop which is running windows 98 and protool CS v5.2 sp2 the xxxxx.fwd and xxxx.pdb files
I was able to open the files without any *****ing messages about version compatability issues etc, and then was able to edit the appropriate screens as required, save and complie.
I then copied the new xxxxx.fwd and xxxx.pdb files back onto the OP37.
However when the project is run on the OP37 i get the following error message..in german...Die projektierungsdatei xxxxx.fwd konnte nicht geladen worden die anwendung wird beendet......which translates, thanks to google as
The configuration file xxxxx.fwd "Could not load the application
end.
What am I doing wrong and what do I do to rectify it?

please help, as this bloomin machine is causing me a headache

many thanks

Neil B

If you have the protool CS v5.2 sp2 Install CD's can you not install the newer Runtime on the OP37,

i think your issue is the older protool pro RT on the PC conflicting with the updated project.

Also have you checked the file runs ok within protool runtime simulation?

I'll try running it on Run time on my laptop and see what happens

at this moment not too keen on making major changes to the OP37, the machine is 9 yr old and due to be shipped off to Pakistan, the changes I need to make are only cosmetic really, Like changing the company logo and name etc, but if installing V5.2 sp2 is the only feesable option, then I will have to discuss it with my manager, let him make the decision.......he has point blank refused to let me clone the OP's Hdd, saying it does'nt need to be done, so not sure what action he will want me to take

thanks

Neil B

If you have a PC image then at least you have something to restore if your experiments fails.

The hard disk will be small anyway running 95 and wont take long to back up, perhaps your boss should reconsider?