Touch Screen

peterc49

Good day. Have any of you used the EZ Automation touch panels? If so, would you recommend them and what were your set up problems. Thanks in advance!

I would consider C-more instead. Automation Direct used to sell EZ and now sells C-more.

You can buy the EZ automation screens from EZautomation.net.

I've used a couple of the 6" HMIs and they worked OK. They aren't very flexible but work well for basic HMI. They seem to hold up well but ours are in our clean rooms and not in rugged service.

IMO Redlion has a better product than either the EZautomation or the C-More.

I second Alaric. I have used several EZ in harsh environments they are OK for basic HMI if you don’t need anything fancy than then OK run with then.
I am pushing the Redlion G3 as my HMI of choice. I have used C-More, EZ, PV, and Proface. They all have their strong point and week points.

Please elaborate on the shortcommings of the EZ screen.

I am considering the 10" & 15" durapanel (new) as my standard screen to replace PV+1250, PV1000, PV1400, PV1400e, PV1200 & old Xycom's because it has the protocols for DH+, DF1, TI-nitp and TI-505, which I need for retrofit applications.

The EZ panel looks to be at least as capable as the PV+ (from a distance).

I actually like the EZPanels, the CE versions. My only complaint really, is that they cannot access UDT members on the AB Logix platform. If they ever fix that in their Ethernet/IP driver, PanelView's will be put out to pasture here.

The ability to do live, online editing is very nice, as is the ability to simply upload an existing application without any troubles.

Thanks for the reply.

I liked the sound of the EZ screens for many of those same reasons.

I don't use Logix platorms (yet) so that is not an issue here.

I was planning on using the dedicated OS, but thought that having the CE panels available using the same software and for nearly the same price gave me some good options in the future.

I just programmed my first EZ...

For the most part I found it very nice... I used it with a few 5/04's on the DH+ and so far it's working perfect, I had an issue addressing the different nodes, I called tech support (FREE) waited under 2 mins, they helped (I was in a hurry and over looked it in the manual)

It was a 15" and looks very nice.... customer could not be happier :)

That said.... I am a fan of the Red Lion G3's and have installed several (I had the EZ in stock, so it was a two for one deal)

I have over 50 of the 6" panels in steamy environments and have only had 2 failures, one which was covered under the 2yr warranty.
I have recently used about 10 of the 4" panels for my limited space projects and they are working nicely.
I tried out the CE panels a couple of years ago but had lots of problems with slow response and lock up. I returned all 5 of them without any hassle from EZ.
I have just ordered some Durapanels. With the 4yr warranty they will be hard to beat.