Moeller programmable relay

faehigkeit1

Hello All,
I have a moeller relay that I am trying to figure out the logic. There is only one input that is "on" all the time.
Output Q1 will come "on" about every 20 seconds and then stay on for about 10 seconds. Then, output Q2 will do the same thing. Can some one explain this code to me?

I1........M1
M1........TT1
T1........Q1
M1........TT2
T2........M2
M2........TT3
T3........Q2
M1........TT4
T4........RM1

Thanks for any help. Really not sure what TT4 is doing.
Dean

It is very difficult to know what the circuit is doing because we don't have information about the function of the timers. They could be anything from on-delayed to flashing. Also as M1 is never Set I don't know why the program Resets in the final line. Best way would be if you can post the program so that we can run it in Simulation.

Bryan

Hello All,
I have a moeller relay that I am trying to figure out the logic. There is only one input that is "on" all the time.
Output Q1 will come "on" about every 20 seconds and then stay on for about 10 seconds. Then, output Q2 will do the same thing. Can some one explain this code to me?

I1........M1
M1........TT1
T1........Q1
M1........TT2
T2........M2
M2........TT3
T3........Q2
M1........TT4
T4........RM1

Thanks for any help. Really not sure what TT4 is doing.
Dean
Since Input is always on M1 is active at the first line and starts picking up the timers below.
At the end of the scan, M1 is reset and it goes active immediately at the beginning of the program again.
I'd say they toglle the M1 to re-initiate the "sequence" (it acts as a loop).
As mentioned, not sure what the timers do (TON, Retentive, etc).
A bit more info will help.

I agree with bkottaras (beat me to the post!).

The TT timers are basically TON devices.
If the input condition is ON the timer is energized and timing.
When the input condition is OFF the timer is reset.

I didn't think that resetting M1 would work to reset the sequence, but I tried it and it does. Though I have to say it is a ugly bit of coding, you can make the sequence work incorrectly by putting in wrong values in the timers.

Bryan

Also as M1 is never Set I don't know why the program Resets in the final line.​

I didn't think that resetting M1 would work to reset the sequence, but I tried it and it does.

I believe programmable relays scan differently than most PLC's. I think it's "kind of like" a single network on modicon. The relays scan the first column top to bottom, then the next column top to bottom, Then the next column top to bottom, finally they scan the output column.

I tried this on an AD DL06 and it would not work until I moved the first rung and placed it just above the last. By doing this it scans the logic similarly (but not exactly) as a programmable relay.